Virtual Camp is a GO!!!
YCLs,
Wow, it feels like it has been forever since we have seen each other! I miss seeing all of you and hope you are doing well.
As of this last weekend, we are officially having a virtual camp! The dates for the camp will be August 19-21, so put it on your calendar!
I am so excited about this! Even though we aren't allowed to meet in such a large group physically, virtual camp will allow us to meet over digital means. It would have made me so sad to go the whole summer without some kind of camp experience for you and the other girls in your ward, so I am very excited about the prospect of this.
What is virtual camp, you ask? Well... that depends a lot on you! What would you like virtual camp to look like? What skills can we teach over virtual means? How would we like to present spiritual messages? Can we do a virtual campfire? What would that look like? Should we deliver supplies (journals, pillow treats, bingo cards, craft supplies, etc.) to the girls houses? Would we still want to divide into smaller groups for some activities (maybe YCL led scripture study, or small skills classes?), or would everything be whole group? These are all details we will have to work out in the next few weeks.
This is the Google Doc that I sent out at the beginning of COVID. Back then it was optional to brainstorm virtual camp ideas, but now that we are actually planning a virtual camp, I am asking each of you to supply at least one idea! Think of things that you would want to do or lead. Think of things you would want to learn or teach. Think of fun virtual group activities. Think of spiritual moments you can share online. There are so many good ideas out there, so if you are having a hard time coming up with something, do a Google search, look on Pinterest, look on Etsy. Put your ideas in the Google Doc. If you found something great online, put a link to it. You can even comment on other people's ideas of what you like or suggestions to make them better (don't change what someone else wrote, but make comments to add to it). Please do this ASAP. Camp is only a little more than a month away!
After we have brainstormed ideas, we will have some kind of virtual meeting. It might be a zoom, or it might just be a discussion over email or on a Google Doc. I will let you know as soon as I can.
I love you all and am getting excited! I can't wait to see the ideas you come up with!
Love,
Sister Presley
240-421-5774
Seneca Stake YW Camp Director
Comments
Post a Comment