Camp Theme
Good Afternoon!
I wanted to touch base with you about the theme for this years girls camp. I have really thought a lot about the theme and the goal for camp. As we have mentioned in the YCL contract our focus is on being ALL IN! As I reread the words from Terance M. Vinson these words stuck out loud and clear
There is no treasure, nor any hobby, nor any status, nor any social media, nor any video games, nor any sport, nor any association with a celebrity, nor anything on earth that is more precious than eternal life. So the Lord’s counsel to every person is “consider your ways.”
So what are we doing? Have we considered our ways? This led me to think about how we commit and how we show we are committed to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Reading an article in the New Era by Elder Cook "Strive to Become More Like Our Savior" the word STRIVE jumped off the page at me. I know that sounds dramatic but it was an amazing experience to feel like that was where our focus should be for girls camp this year. As the new program for youth was rolled out STRIVE TO BE became the focus.
How are we STRIVING TO BE.....?
Take a minute to watch this short video
Being committed and converted is a process and Striving to be is showing that we are working and want to change.
Please ponder this theme for girls camp. We will discuss daily themes at our Saturday meeting. Here are some ideas to get you thinking.
Daily theme ideas
STRIVE to HEAR HIM!
STRIVE to know Heaven and Jesus Christ
STRIVE to serve
STRIVE to strength faith
STRIVE to Love
STRIVE to BE our best selves
STRIVE to Defend
STRIVE to BE ALL IN
STRIVE to stay on the path
STRIVE to Repent
STRIVE for personal revelation
STRIVE to play our part
STRIVE to be spiritual
STRIVE to Be physical
STRIVE to be a Friend
I love and appreciate all of you! I'm so grateful for your time and energy you have put into planning camp! This year will be more unique than any other year! Pray for inspiration and guidance as you prepare spiritually for camp.
Love,
Sister Morgan
|
|
Comments
Post a Comment